Misal Technologies Pty. Ltd. (Misal) is an established Engineering Company operating in Australia since 1980. We specialise in Electrical and Mechanical Engineering. Misal encompasses activities in the design, manufacture, supply and commissioning of complete turnkey projects. Misal is engaged in projects for: Heavy Chemical, Rubber, Mining and Steel Industries, Electrical Power Utilities and the Defence Sector.
1) DEFENCE SECTOR
Design and manufacture of Ground Support Equipment (GSE) for specific Military Aircraft, Helicopters & Submarines; including GSE’s for Civil Aviation.
Our completed defence projects include:
• Design and manufacture of Laboratory and Mobile type GSE’s for F111 Fighter & other aircraft testing.
• Design and manufacture of Collins Class & other submarines testing facilities.
• Computer-based Helicopter Rotor Testing facility in a Wind Tunnel application: designed, installed and commissioned at an Australian Defence
• Research Facility.
2) ELECTRICAL WORKS FOR HEAVY INDUSTRIAL SECTOR
Design and supply of:
• Electrical Power Generation and Distribution Systems (up to 220kV).
• Variable Speed Drives (up to 2.0 MVA).
• Completed High Current Rectifier Systems (up to 200kA), incl. Rectifier Transformer.
• Power Transformers (up to 200 MVA).
• Automated Processing Systems incl. Controlling Systems, Monitoring and Data Logging.
• Power Distribution Equipment.
• Power Correction Systems.
• Past activities have included manufacture of HV Switchboards (12kV and 22kV) under Licence from the former AEG (Germany).
3) GLOBAL MARKETING OF ELECTRICAL PRODUCTS (SELECTIVE ITEMS UP TO 220kV)
The Company is actively involved in global marketing of the following Electrical Products covering the LV, MV and VHV categories/applications:
• General Switchgear & Associated Products (LV, MV).
• Mines Switchgear & Associated Products, incl. Inflame - Retardant Cables.
• Cables - XLPE Power, Fibre Optic, ABC, Flat, Control, Wires, Rubber Flexible, Overhead Conductors.
• Cable Terminations & Kits.
• Insulators - Pin, Disc, Spool, Strain/Stay, Shackle, Post, Telephone (Porcelain, Glass or Composite).
• Transformers - Power & Distribution (up to 240MVA & 500kV), Cast Resin (up to 2.5MVA & 35kV).
• RMU’s & Connectors.
• Switching Components - LBS’s, VCB’s, Disconnectors, Earthing Switches, MCB’s,MCCB’s, Earth Leakage CB’s, AC Contactors, Relays.
• Static Components - CT’s, VT’s, Cut out Fuses, Capacitors, Surge Arresters, Reactors.
• Portable Prefabricated Substations - MV to LV, HV to MV.
• Ducted Bus Ways - Up to 6,300A.
• Meter Test Equipment.
Marketing has been undertaken in the following countries: Australia, NZ, Sri Lanka, India, Malaysia, Singapore and the Middle East.
4) MANUFACTURING OF BILLABONG WATER RAMS
• Rams were first manufactured in Australia by Messrs. John Danks & Son in 1835.
• Misal Technologies acquired Billabong Hydraulic Rams in 1986 and continues their manufacture to this present day.
• Billabong Rams are currently sold to PNG, Solomon Islands, Fiji, UK and Australia.
• The Billabong Ram is a unique water transfer pump operating system. It functions by using developed kinetic energy to pump water to its destination.
5) R&D FOR THE RESOURCES SECTOR
Misal Technologies is currently involved in the following activities:
• Ongoing research into innovative timber processing technologies involving the microwave irradiation of timber.
• Designing complete timber processing facilities, based on innovative microwave processing technology.
6A) SALE OF SURPLUS ELECTRICAL EQUIPMENT
View surplus Electrical Equipment for sale
6B) SALE OF SURPLUS MECHANICAL EQUIPMENT
View surplus Mechanical & Irrigation Equipment for sale